Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lots of Strips for the FNSI

It doesn't look like I accomplished much this FNSI, but I actually cut enough 2 1/2 inch strips to last a lifetime (or at least a couple of weeks). I'm not 100% sure what they will be used for (yeah right, you all know by now what they will turn into!).
 
One of my favorite blocks is the Jacob's Ladder. While searching for images of quilts made with them, I came across a gorgeous one from Piece O' Cake Designs. I liked everything about it, including the colors. Even though I could figure out the arrangement, I wanted to do a quilt that told me all that I needed to know. No figuring out how many squares, how much fabric etc. I couldn't find the pattern on their website so I emailed them. Within a couple of days, they emailed a free  PDF file of the quilt! Thank you Becky of Piece O' Cake Designs!! Here is the link to the quilt that someday will be draped over my favorite chair Jacob's Ladder Quilt.

Happy Stitching
corina

9 comments:

wendy said...

I can see some beautiful quilts in your future....that sure is a lots of strip!

Cherise said...

Wow! You did accomplish a lot! Can't wait to see what you make with these! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower! Have a Great Weekend! :)

Sandra :) said...

I love your colour range! I know what you could make with them - I've seen a quilt called a Jelly Roll 1600 - it would make GREAT use of those!! *Sandra ducks and runs, grinning widely* :D

That's a lot of strips - I bet your back was aching when you were finished!

Marie-José H said...

You have really been busy cutting. I'm looking forward to you're sewing. The fabrics are lovely.

Craft to Do said...

Thats the best thing about FNSI, you alot that time to get something started, something finished or just sit and do. Love to see the next stage of this quilt you are making. Regards Sandra

Joanne said...

Beautiful fabric. Preparation always seems to be the longest part of quilt making.
The Jacobs Ladder is wonderful.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

That will be gorgeous, Corina! That is a lot of work to cut all those strips! Great job. :o)

Anonymous said...

Prep work is a great way to spend FNSI. At first, I thought you might be making another "Jelly Roll" quilt with all those strips. But Jacob's Ladder quilts are so pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing yours when it's finished.

Myra said...

Feels good getting lots of cutting done hey!?! Good for you Corina!! I look forward to seeing a Jacob's Ladder here sometime...
Missed you at the club yesterday!