Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

FNSI Results - 6 Minute Circle - Free Shows

My FNSI was spent getting a display board ready to teach a demo at the guild on the 6 Minute Circle. It's a technique in the book Pieced Curves So Simple by Dale Fleming. I love the technique for making perfect circles everytime, WITHOUT having to cut perfect circles in fabric. The baby quilt above was made last year using the technique.


If you cut apart your perfect circle, you have 4 perfect Drunkard's Path blocks!

I was quite nervous about showing the technique today at the guild, but I did enjoy the whole experience.  By the time I repeated the 10 minute demo a total of 5 times I had it down pat (the first group I showed it to only got to see the 6 minute HALF CIRCLE, LOL). If you ever have the chance, you should check out Dale Fleming's book Pieced Curves So Simple, you'll be glad you did.

It's International Quilting Weekend. The Quilt Show is celebrating by allowing free views of their over 100 online quilting episodes. The show is hosted by Alex Anderson (formerly of Simply Quilts) and Ricky Tims. They have special guests that show the latest techniques. The shows are free until Sunday (possibly Monday too, as they try to cover all the time zones). Usually the majority of shows are for paying members, although they do have a basic free membership which allows you limited access to some shows. There are over 8000 member quilts that you can view too.  If you have a few hours to spare on Sunday you could watch some pretty interesting shows (I'm not affiliated with the site, just like some of the shows).

Happy Stitching
corina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt. Looks like you had a productive evening. good luck with the presentation.

Sue Daurio said...

Oh, this is a WONDERFUL approach for circles, thanks for sharing. I've pinned this on my quilting tips and tutorials, I KNOW I'll be using this in the future. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your quilt, the bright colors are just wonderful.

Impera Magna said...

What a great project for the FNSI! Your presentation board is fantastic... and I love your baby quilt with the circles!

wendy said...

Love the colors. Reminds me of spring!