I've been pretty good (for me) in holding off starting something new while I had the scrappy quilt on the design wall. My intention was to get that quilt top finished. I had the border idea all sorted out, the fabrics stacked up and waiting. Well I couldn't do it. I couldn't resist cutting into the batiks I've been collecting. I'm blaming it on the fat quarters I bought on Monday. They were the last pieces I needed for a strip pieced drunkard's path quilt. So scrappy is "scrapped" for now. The batiks were calling my name and I answered.
I'm doing the technique from the book Strips 'n Curves by Louisa L. Smith. I've cut several 1 1/2" strips from each of 35 batiks. I've got them on the design wall, ready for sorting. I need to sew several strip sets in darks, mediums and lights, then cut them with drunkard path templates. So far this is what I have sorted: