Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting Better

I finished sewing on my circles this afternoon. Now that there isn't as much white showing I'm much happier with it. The next step is to decide what kind of border, maybe do a  wider white/beige border and applique a grouping of circles in each of the corners. I'll leave it on the design wall and let it talk to me for awhile. I enjoy sipping on coffee and thinking about the next stage of quilting.

Joanne at Thread Head put up a great tutorial on free-motion feathers. I'm tempted to try and do feathers in the empty spaces and on the border. There's a lot of space to practice on. We'll see if I'm brave enough!

The dogs were bugging me quite a bit in the sewing room. Eventually they gave up. They have a rough life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! The free-motion feathers might be an interesting addition....something to think about. The dogs look adorable, by the way.

canuckquilter said...

The circles you added really punch up the design. I like it! free-motion feathers would look interesting in the snowballs. I've been looking at Joanne's feathers tutorial too, working up my courage to try some.

Tammy said...

oh yes, I can see those dogs are really hard done by! lol