Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New Free Motion Foot

I stopped by Carellan Sewing Centre on Saturday for their 28th Anniversary Sale. There were door prizes, spin the wheel discounts and lots of snacks.
I was just going to say hi, but a few things happened to leap into my arms. The best was a newly designed sensormatic free motion foot for the Pfaff Quilt Exression 4.0. The free motion sensor foot that it came with was okay, but the visibility wasn't very good. They've redesigned it now so it's open toe! My free motion quilting is not that great, even worse when I can't see what I'm doing clearly. I've only tried it for a couple of minutes, but I like it alot. I can see where I'm going a lot easier now.
Of course I had to get a bit of fabric (a few neutrals just because). 
Has anyone ever tried Sullivan Silicone Spray? I bought some to try. Supposedly you spray it on your work surface and the throat plate of your machine and it helps your quilt glide across the surface. I'll let you know what I think of it once I've had some time to try it out.

Now all this stuff about free motion quilting is because I'm considering joining a Free Motion Quilt Challenge that Joanne at Thread Head and Wendy at Inky Threads are holding. It starts on April 22 (check out the rules and info here. I'll see if I take the plunge.

I've got sooo many projects on the go right now. In fact, I can't believe that tomorrow I'm starting another one! (one day I really should finish something!) It's a quilt pattern by Cynthia England. A couple of friends have mine saw Cynthia's quilts on display and loved them, so I got "forced" into joining them to try out her technique. I'll take pictures along the way.

HAPPY STITCHING!
corina

0 comments: