Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

FALLING LEAVES IN SUMMER???


The raffle quilt for the Assiniboine Circle Quilter's quilt show is off my design wall and at the longarmer's to be quilted. Thousands of squares were cut out of fabrics donated by our guild's members. Each member received a kit to make a 10" maple leaf block, an angel appliqued the stems down, then my friend and I had a blast arranging them on my design wall (along with an additional 1500 or so 2 1/2" squares). I think everyone is pleased with the result.

Now that my design wall is free again I can start quilting for myself. I just don't know what to do first!!

Happy Stitching
corina

ps the show is on Sunday, September 22 2013 from 11 to 4:30. It is held at the St. Francois Xavier Community Club, which is about 15 minutes west of Winnipeg, Manitoba

pss forgot to mention the border design we used was from https://carterquilter.wordpress.com. She has lots of free patterns. 

16 comments:

a good yarn said...

It's stunning! There's a raffle that I would love to buy a ticket for. Hope you raise lots of money for your cause.

Tammy said...

Holy Smokes Corina!! That's a lot of piecing. It is beautiful. I love, love the maple leaves, it is so Canadian. Bravo.. very well done! How is your violin playing going?

canuckquilter said...

Wow! It's gorgeous!

Lee D said...

OMG that quilt is breath taking. Everyone should be very proud of it. Did you finish Hubby's quilt?

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I would love to win that in a raffle. Good luck with your quilt show!

beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

Brenda said...

this is a work of art!!! Beautiful does not begin to describe it - you all did a fantastic job on this project!! and believe me, if you have to have falling leaves in the summer, I will take them like this any day of the year, summer included!!!

Sue Daurio said...

WOW!!! That is an awesome quilt! What pattern is it? I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Priscilla said...

That is a superb quilt. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful quilt. I wish I lived closer to Winnipeg, but it is too late now anyway!
Mary Anne

Dodie said...

The lady that won this showed it to me and I absolutely love the quilt. I would like to make this for my husbands 60th birthday. He retired from veterans affairs canada after 30 yrs service and I thin the maple leaf would be an excellent choice for the focus. I have been looking for a design for the quilt and yours was by far the best I have seen. Do you have a pattern for this and if so where could I purchase one.

Sewnuts said...

Dodie - I see you posted awhile ago - but I was looking around at "maple Leaf" quilts and found this site (which has LOTS of free patterns)at:
http://carterquilter.wordpress.com/
and if you look under the list to the left side of the page and go to the "Scrappy Maple Leaf Quilt" it is similar and with some changes it could become this "Autumn Spendor" quilt as the block and border is done the same.

Lindy said...

Gorgeous, is the pattern available

Lindy said...

Gorgeous, where can I find the pattern please. Lundy Dare on FB

Unknown said...

Would love to buy the pattern

Unknown said...

I would love this pattern. Where can I find it?
Denise Chase

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. Is there a pattern available?