Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

I Finally Finished Something!

The last couple of weeks have been great! I had a great time at the Mini retreat with Myra and Joanne. I met quite a few new people and saw some gorgeous projects on the go. It was a wonderful day. I even managed to bind over half of my string quilt. Getting together with fellow quilters really energizes me. When I got home I finished the binding! It's hard to believe I've finished something - I've almost forgotten what it feels like!

This last week I was doing a fair amount of yard work, but did manage some quilting. I'm very close to finishing my first English  paper piecing project. I received the kit as a gift and have worked on it sporadically. Over the weekend I decided it didn't look right so with the leftover fabric I added another row. The pattern had it end at the snowmen in a star shape, but to me it look unfinished that way. All that remains to be done is a small amount of quilting and to slipstitch the opening on the side closed. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about English paper piecing but I really enjoyed it. It's nice to have something small to work on while in front of the tv.

I really should start working on my sunflower quilts for our guild's show in September, but all I want to do is make more string quilts!

14 comments:

Joanne said...

Your string quilt looks amazing! Congratulations on the finish!!♥

Jill said...

That quilt is gorgeous! I love the tiny touches of green in it!

Sue Daurio said...

Love love love your string quilt! Congrats on the finish. You're snowmen are really cute, but honestly I'm in no hurry for the white fluffy stuff!

Kristie said...

It looks great! Love the bits of green :-)

a good yarn said...

Fabulous projects - what a terrific finish!

Molly said...

That quilt is gorgeous! The shot of green just makes it. LOVE IT!!

Craft to Do said...

Love the quilt. Great slice of lime,
it just balances it all. It is a great feeling when you finish something. Sandra

quilthexle said...

What a lovely quilt - congrats ! The green makes it really special; I love the binding fabric you picked!

Peggy said...

Gorgeous quilt! And love the snowman table mat - so cute!

Impera Magna said...

I really like the lime green with the black and white strips... gorgeous quilt!

Crazy Horse Quilting said...

I love your string quilt in b/w with the lime green! I just had to take a look after you posted on my blog...its gorgeous!!

Myra said...

Good for you on your finish there Corina!! Looking great!! Nicely photographed on the fence there too!

What a great little EPP project!! I think the last round you added really finishes it of nicely!! Goor for you! 8-)

You have me intrigued about these sunflower quilts now!

canuckquilter said...

I can see why you want to make more string quilts. This one is absolutely gorgeous. Cute snowmen project too.

wendy said...

Love the EPP project!...and I agree, the added row finishes it off.