I didn't have a jelly roll, so I just cut up my own 2 1/2" strips. I needed more than 1600" since it had to be 75" square. I cut 60 width of fabric strips and sewed them into a long 2400" strip (2400", 1200", 600", 300", 150", 75"). That gave me a quilt that was 75" wide but still only 64" long. To make it longer I just sewed a few extra rows to the top . I am toying with the idea of appliqueing a few big simple flower shapes on it. Maybe tomorrow. I would definitely use this pattern again. It comes together very quickly. Not including the time I spent cutting strips, it was sewn, ironed and trimmed in just over 3 hours. That includes a million breaks, ironing seams as I went and keeping in mind that I'm not a speedy sewer.
|Joining the strips|
|Longest strip of fabric I've ever worked with!|