Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More Black & White

I am on a black and white kick! I still have yards of black & white fabrics in my stash. The last quilt hardly seemed to make a dent in it (perhaps that's due to one or two a few several pieces jumping into my arms at the quilt store recently). I had so much fun making my first string quilt I thought I would make my first Disappearing Nine Patch! I'm totally into instant gratification right now so it's the perfect quilt to make.
I LOVE this!
all the squares cut
9 squares sewn together, then cut in half horizontally and vertically
turn the pieces one way and you get this
or you could make this
There are lots of ways to move the pieces around. I will probably switch out pieces from 4 different blocks so that there are 4 different greens in each. I will be using the layout of the first picture in this post.

The house is in order. All my errands are done. I have paired up some squares and am ready to start chain piecing tomorrow! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing interrupts my perfectly planned day.


Happy Stitching!
Corina

13 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the lime green kick too!!!

blandina said...

Beautiful colours combination, lime green is one of the colours that I most love and I like it with black and white!

Nann said...

Great design -- the lime adds such a pop!

Sue Daurio said...

LOVE your fabrics, can't wait to see it all together.

Peggy said...

Ooh...how I love D9P - and that green is perfect with the B&W. I did one in that color a couple of years ago - used the pattern Once Around the Block, though! Hmmm....maybe time to do another D9P.

Impera Magna said...

I am lovin' the lime green with the black and white... just fab!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to have to start looking for black and white fabrics. Your string quilt came out so very pretty and this new DP9 is going to be too, I'm sure. Again the lime green gives it just the right pop of colour.

Debra said...

i love this, love your colours....have been wanting to l earn what a disappearing 9 patch is for a while...will have to look into that!

Michele said...

I love these blocks! I hope your day went well :-)

Pat said...

Great black and whites and the lime is just perfect. We did disappearing nine patch blocks in our guild for a comfort quilt given to one of our members. Everyone really enjoyed the technique.

Myra said...

Disappearing 9-Patch is a wonderful pattern for a quick result! 8-)

Looking great so far Corina!! Have fun!

wendy said...

Can't wait to see how you finally put the Disappearing 9 Patch together. You must be dreaming in black and white too :)

AMM said...

I love your colour combination; the lime really pops out.