Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Funky Jelly Roll 1600

I've finally fused the groovy flowers on my Jelly Roll 1600 quilt. I'm loving the bright colors. I will probably sew them down with a blanket stitch in black, but that won't be for awhile yet.


 I'm thinking this will be my last bright quilt for now. Tomorrow morning they are forecasting a low of +2 and even worse, a wind chill of -2! Weather is wonky lately. Wasn't it just last week we had +35? Anyway, the cooler weather brings the desire to work with warmer colors. I'm cutting strips for - you guessed it - another jelly roll quilt, in warm Kansas Troubles fabrics. I'm thinking it will have a more traditional look, with a border and applique. I'm anxious to start sewing on it, but I'm on the silent auction committee for our quilt show on next weekend and there's a ton of things left to do. At the moment, I can't even get to my kitchen table as it's covered in donations. My favorite part will be arranging everything in baskets and wrapping it all up.

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the cooler days and the colors of the leaves. No more Slurpees, it's hot chocolate time!

Happy Stitching
corina

9 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Well I love the bright fun kicky flowers on your JR1600 quilt - I can't wait to see it finished and in use! I got my first jellyrolls a few weeks ago to do a Christmas version of the quilt - I'll start working on it when I get a few more time-sensitive projects done :D

Fall is my favourite time of the year as well - the cool, crisp air, the wonderful colours and smells - and best of all - PUMPKIN PIE!!! Our temps have finally dropped a bit - we're going to be in the mid-high teens and up to about 20C for the next few weeks - I love those cooler temps, and love that we don't need the furnace or a/c running :D

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Love the funky flowers! they look great on the black + white jelly roll!

Here is Aussie land we are heading into our Summer but just a few days ago there was a dumping of snow down south! Weird! Summer in Brisbane can be hot and sticky so I'm all for an extension of our winter weather:-) much better for sewing!

Cheers!

Linda said...

I love it! The funky flowers are awesome. I have just started to collect black and white fabrics. I didnt have much in my stash.

happydaysquilting said...

I love it!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your jelly roll quilt is the prettiest one ever! Love the addition of the bright flowers and dots. Gorgeous!!

Wacky Woman said...

Oh how clever!!!

Myra said...

Ooooo... I like! I like!! 8-)

a good yarn said...

It looks terrific! ann :-)

rubyslipperz1052 said...

pretty...PRETTY and fun...FUN!! The flowers put a really great ZING in the quilt. =)

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot