Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Vintage Pinker & Info on Free Digital Quilt Magazine

Several years ago I came across this gadget at a garage sale for $5. It's a Singer Pinker. I wasn't sure how or even if it would work. When I tried it out at home I found it works perfectly to pink the edges of fabric! You just clamp it to your table and feed your fabric through while turning the crank.
In no time at all your fabric has perfectly pinked edges! I just love some of the old gadgets!

For the last few months I've been receiving digital issues of Down Under Quilts and Down Under Textiles. They have some really good ideas and lots of inspiration. The subscription is absolutely FREE! I really like the magazines and they have some pretty interesting projects. Down Under Textiles has great instructions on making a free motion quilted journal cover that I am going to have to make one of these days. It fits in perfectly with the free motion quilting challenge I'm taking part in. Here is the link if you want to subscribe to the magazines http://www.creativelivingmedia.com.au/  (By the way,  I am not in any way affiliated with the magazine. Just wanted to pass on the info!)

Happy Stitching
corina

3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Thanks for passing on the info, Corina! I'll have to check it out and sign up. I can't believe it's free! :) I LOVE the pinking tool. That is so cool. I love old gadgets like that too. Have a good weekend!
xo

GerryART said...

Well, darn, I saw one of these and passed it up. Why, oh, why did I do that.
hugs
Gerry

Denise said...

What a totally cool old tool! Some things were made to last! Thanks for the tip on the magazine...I'm going to check it out.